Forum

World Cup South Africa 2010
GGArmy Forum > World Cup South Africa 2010 > OFFICIAL: Australia v Ghana (Rustenburg) View modes: 
Young Socceroo
Young Socceroo
Muz - 7/06/2010 10:33:00 AM

OFFICIAL: Australia v Ghana (Rustenburg)
Its now the real deal! Post all match news, injury updates, possible squad/starting line-ups as well as score predictions etc... 2010 FIFA World Cup™ – Group D Ghana v Australia Saturday 19 June 2010 Royal Bafokeng Stadium, Rustenburg Kick-Off time: 4:00pm SAST (12:00am AEST)

Olyroo
Olyroo
Roddy - 7/06/2010 7:16:00 PM

RE: OFFICIAL: Australia v Ghana (Rustenburg)
Drove past the stadium yesterday and it's not close to the city, and a bit hard to find.

Olyroo
Olyroo
azza - 7/06/2010 8:29:00 PM

Quote from Roddy: Drove past the stadium yesterday and it's not close to the city, and a bit hard to find.
it's just that spastic looking piece of sh!t :-P

Olyroo
Olyroo
coco84 - 9/06/2010 7:10:00 PM

have fun in SA, while we here in Melbourne bravely stay awake til sunrise and in the bloody freezing mornings just to see it all live :) GGArmy Melbourne Headquaretrs - Celtic Club 19th June, ill be there :)

Olyroo
Olyroo
Porridge - 15/06/2010 7:05:00 AM

Quote from coco84: have fun in SA, while we here in Melbourne bravely stay awake til sunrise and in the bloody freezing mornings just to see it all live :) GGArmy Melbourne Headquaretrs - Celtic Club 19th June, ill be there :)
Ill be watching here in canberra, now thats freezing mornings, -5 the other day haha

Olyroo
Olyroo
evertonfc88 - 15/06/2010 4:04:00 PM

Oh yeah by the way Sydney headquarters is not Paddy McGuires because I went there the other night and they weren't even showing the game. Was just packed with about 200 drunk Irish people watching the Gaelic Football.

Olyroo
Olyroo
E-K - 15/06/2010 7:04:00 PM

Such a crucial match... still 4 days of nervous waiting.

Olyroo
Olyroo
Porridge - 16/06/2010 7:06:00 AM

Is it just me or should we be really worried? after Monday mornings performance I am worried we will not even score a goal, never mind win or qualify for the second round :(

Olyroo
Olyroo
Oh Yeah - 16/06/2010 9:00:00 AM

Coming down to this game (as it probably always going to be this way) BUT Ghana are coming off a (lucky) win and we come from a lack lustre loss. And without Cahill. It's not ideal. Then throw in the fact that Verbeek is at the helm and half our team is either out of form, half fit or plainly past it (or all of the above). The omens are not looking great. Sorry, but that's how I see it. Good luck to us all : )

Olyroo
Olyroo
Jens P - 16/06/2010 9:42:00 AM

No, it's going perfect. Aus 2 Ghana 0. Come on boys, they need positivity, we are still at the cup, all this negativity does not help....

Olyroo
Olyroo
redcarded - 16/06/2010 6:07:00 PM

what do people think of what the team and formation will be like? -------------------------------Schwarzer--------------------------------- ------Wilkshire-------Neill----------Beauchamp----------Emerton--------- ------------------------Culina------------Valeri-------------------------- Bresciano------------------Chipperfield/Vidosic------------------------Kewell ---------------------------------Kennedy---------------------------------- Think Moore will get outpaced by the Ghanaians

Olyroo
Olyroo
sammac - 16/06/2010 7:52:00 PM

Vuvuzela vs my cat a new world cup video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbkMRPrXZU

Olyroo
Olyroo
german aussie - 16/06/2010 10:39:00 PM

Quote from redcarded: what do people think of what the team and formation will be like? -------------------------------Schwarzer--------------------------------- ------Wilkshire-------Neill----------Beauchamp----------Emerton--------- ------------------------Culina------------Valeri-------------------------- Bresciano------------------Chipperfield/Vidosic------------------------Kewell ---------------------------------Kennedy---------------------------------- Think Moore will get outpaced by the Ghanaians
Hey mate, will watch the game here in Germany and I guess we will win 2-0 cause Ghana haven´t played well either. But I believe that we need to play like this to win that game: -------------------------Schwarzer------------------------ ----- -------Neill-------Beauchamp----Wilkshire-------------- ---- ------------------Grella----Culina------------------------- ----- ------Emerton-------------------------Chipperfield------ ----- ------------------------Bresciano-------------------------- ----- ----------------Kewell-------Kennedy--------------------- I cant see the 4-3-2-1 formation anymore... We are at the World Cup and we wonna win at least vs Ghana and Serbia. get rid of the defensive play and bring back the attack. No attacking, no goals. Kewell and Kennedy at the front, Bresciano as the number "10" behind them. Emerton and Chippefield as the wingers and behind them more in a center role Culina and Grella. 3 good working defenders should be enough, why 4??? It´s not Germany, Spain, Argentinia... If we won´t come to a more offensive playing team we don´t need to travel to Doha for the Asia Cup... GA DENNIS

Olyroo
Olyroo
Oh Yeah - 17/06/2010 8:05:00 AM

likey likey.

Olyroo
Olyroo
Jace - 17/06/2010 11:52:00 AM

Haven't we played them twice before (1 win and 1 draw) We should know a fair bit about them and what players to play and what formation. Also, Netherlands beat them 4-1 a few weeks ago. we have drawn twice against the Netherlands and beaten them once in previous years. It is certainly not an insurmountable challenge.

Olyroo
Olyroo
Porridge - 18/06/2010 12:25:00 PM

Grella out for Ghana http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27286749-5019291,00.html Australia midfielder Vinnie Grella out of Ghana clash with knee injury June 18, 2010 Australia midfielder Vinnie Grella will miss the must-win World Cup clash with Ghana on Saturday night (EST) with a knee injury. Grella sprained the medial ligament in his knee at Socceroos training and has been ruled him out of the match. An FFA spokesman said Grella would only miss the Ghana game at this stage and had not been ruled out of the final World Cup Group D clash with Serbia on June 23. Grella was substituted after 45 minutes in the 4-0 hammering by Germany last weekend. It continues a terrible run of niggling injuries to plague the Blackburn Rovers midfielder. The setback is likely to mean Carl Valeri and Jason Culina pair up in the holding midfielder roles for the Socceroos against Ghana.

Olyroo
Olyroo
TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC - 18/06/2010 4:01:00 PM

come on ozi'ssssss........ greece won, now u got to win...........

Olyroo
Olyroo
Oh Yeah - 18/06/2010 4:36:00 PM

Quote from TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC: come on ozi'ssssss........ greece won, now u got to win...........
It's a good sign. Especially when you consider John Travolta and _his_ Grease...perhaps it'll be Saturday Night Fever all over again!!

Olyroo
Olyroo
keno_78 - 18/06/2010 5:47:00 PM

I expect us to still start defensive, can't see us having to chase down a 2 goal start. It's how we have played the last few years and that shouldn't change now. The 4-5-1 will return. Will start further up the pitch with Valeri and Jendiak to partner up as DMs. Super Dario or Garcia to start. With Jesus up front. Don't be surprised to see HK start on the bench, with Pim to unleash him after half time (with the scores at 0-0) and move Cullina back to a DM.

Olyroo
Olyroo
plugger - 18/06/2010 7:28:00 PM

Quote from keno_78: I expect us to still start defensive, can't see us having to chase down a 2 goal start. It's how we have played the last few years and that shouldn't change now. The 4-5-1 will return. Will start further up the pitch with Valeri and Jendiak to partner up as DMs. Super Dario or Garcia to start. With Jesus up front. Don't be surprised to see HK start on the bench, with Pim to unleash him after half time (with the scores at 0-0) and move Cullina back to a DM.
if pim starts harry on the bench, i'll fcuking shot him! what the fcuk is he saving for? the world cup final!?

Olyroo
Olyroo
Jens P - 19/06/2010 12:15:00 AM

We don't know the state hk is in, maybe he'd be more of an impact off the bench playing 35 mins or so.... So little game time, no amount of training gets you match fit. But, he'll come on and score 7 saving our goal difference.

Olyroo
Olyroo
german aussie - 19/06/2010 12:20:00 AM

Quote from plugger: if pim starts harry on the bench, i'll fcuking shot him! what the fcuk is he saving for? the world cup final!?
and I will organize the necessary bullets for the gun! If he plays with a boring 4-5-1, we will fail. Serbia has beaten unlukcy Germans, so we need to score some goals and win both games. There is no space to wait for HK subs. Bring him in and play attacking.

Olyroo
Olyroo
german aussie - 19/06/2010 6:20:00 PM

Dear Socceroos, when you have your back up against the wall, then face Ghana with a grin. Cause we are the wall - and we are thousands

Olyroo
Olyroo
Jens P - 20/06/2010 12:43:00 AM

What!!!! Holman's a hero scoring an early goal then Harry kewell red carded.... It's the friggin twighlight zone!!

Olyroo
Olyroo
redcarded - 20/06/2010 1:03:00 AM

The Ghanaians should have had a player sent of for that crazy bad tackle on Bresch.... This is crazy. Seriously, Harry redcarded for just standing in the wrong place, that was such an unintentional foul.... I don't believe this match

1 2